Isa 60:1-3 ”Arise [from spiritual depression to a new life], shine [be radiant with the glory and brilliance of the LORD]; for your light has come, And the glory and brilliance of the LORD has risen upon you.For in fact, darkness will cover the earth And deep darkness will cover the peoples; But the LORD will rise upon you, And His glory and brilliance will be seen on you. Nations will come to your light, And kings to the brightness of your rising.”
Psalm 19:1-2 “The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And the expanse [of heaven] is declaring the work of His hands. Day after day pours forth speech, And night after night reveals knowledge.”
What is glory?
- Glory is heaven weight.
- Doxa - dignity, honour, praise, worship.
- Glory is when your good opinion concerning someone results in praise, honour and glorifying Him.
- Glory is also splendour, brightness * of the moon, sun and stars. It is magnificent, excellence, dignity and majesty - all attributes of Christ.
- Glory is a most exalted state. The condition of blessedness into which is appointed and promised that true Christians shall enter into after their Saviour’s return from heaven.
- Glory shines!
- Glory in Hebrew is ‘Chabod’ Strong’s #3519: Weightiness, that which is substantial or heavy, glory, honor, splendour, power, wealth, authority, magnificence, fame, dignity, riches and excellency. The root of chabod is chad, “to be heavy, glorious, notable,” or to be renowned. Honor and substance is represented by heaviness while vanity, temporariness, emptiness and instability is represented by ‘lightness”.
- Chabod is God’s glory but also his visible splendour which filled Solomon’s temple.
- The glory of God blinded Paul.
- God’s Glory is His presence.
- Christ was raised from the dead to life by God’s Glory.
Can we have that Glory? And how or when did we loose it? Can we bring Glory to God?
Rom 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
Romans says that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. When sin entered the garden, we were taken out of the garden and were separated from God’s presence. Sin caused separation and Abba Father closed the veil. Christs body is the veil. Only by accepting Him as your saviour you can have access again through the torn veil - his blood.
God’s Glory shall be revealed in us - his covenant bride. We are His vessels of Glory.
2Co 3:18 “We can all draw close to him with the veil removed from our faces. And with no veil we all become like mirrors who brightly reflect the glory of the Lord Jesus. We are being transfigured into his very image as we move from one brighter level of glory to another. And this glorious transfiguration comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”
Rom 8:18 “I am convinced that any suffering we endure is less than nothing compared to the magnitude of glory that is about to be unveiled within us.”
Rom 9:4 “Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;”
Rom 9:23 “And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,”
Rom 11:36 “For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.”
1Co 10:31 “Whether you eat or drink, live your life in a way that glorifies and honors God.”
Eph 1:5-6 “Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.”
Eph 1:12 “That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.”
Heb 2:7 “You made him lower than the angels for a little while. You placed your glory and honor upon his head as a crown. And you have given him dominion over the works of your hands,”
1 Pet 5:4 “And when the Chief Shepherd (Christ) appears, you will receive the [conqueror's] unfading crown of glory.”
1 Pet 1:7 “But these only reveal the sterling core of your faith, which is far more valuable than gold that perishes, for even gold is refined by fire. Your authentic faith will result in even more praise, glory, and honor when Jesus the Anointed One is revealed.”
Rom 8:30 “And those whom He predestined, He also called; and those whom He called, He also justified [declared free of the guilt of sin]; and those whom He justified, He also glorified [raising them to a heavenly dignity].”
“You are designed to glorify Me. I made you in My image so you could relate to Me at the most intimate levels - and so you could embody My nature and shine with My Glory. You sharing My glory give Me great pleasure. I want you to be sheered with My presence - that’s My ‘anointing’. I want My children to emanate with My brightness, brilliance. My carter. They must display who I am. My goal is to infuse the fulness of my nature into you and let you shine.” Chris Tiegreen - Hearing His Voice, p 168.
His words will call you out of hiding and into the glory of your destiny.